We have been informed that the Oncologists at the Royal Marsden have been forwarded the scans from Friday and from their review “the scans appear stable and look fine”. We still need to wait for the full radiologists report to get the final findings but indicatively – it looks like it is really good news!
We are absolutely thrilled (and a little shattered emotionally) – this is simply amazing news! This is another significant milestone along the long road to survival and we don’t take it lightly, we are truly grateful. Thank you for all the messages and prayers of support, encouragement and love.
Eloise also completed another milestone this week – having her first, ever haircut. We vividly remember the morning that Eloise lost her hair in the Royal Marsden (only 19 months old) and then walked into the playroom – saw herself in the mirror and then fell on the floor and burst into tears saying ‘hair gone, hair gone!’. Tonight was a special night we thought we might not experience. One nice milestone to celebrate the other.
Eloise thoroughly enjoying her first, ever haircut
Given the positive scan indications, Eloise had more blood tests today in preparation to start her 7th round of maintenance chemo tomorrow. Unfortunately it now looks like this won’t happen due to admin reasons, which isn’t ideal.
We have meetings booked with Eloise’s Oncologist and Neurosurgeon later this week which may make finding a new chemo slot logistically challenging – prayers for this would be much appreciated.
How do we feel?
- Grateful, utterly grateful
- … and tired, but mostly grateful
- Also really chuffed to see Eloise enjoying life a bit more. Her zest for life seems to be slowly returning. Instead of saying ‘go home’ she’s frequently said ‘No, stay!’ ‘More’ ‘Again’ to activities, playdates with her cousins and little trips out this past week. We know things are up and down and this might not be sustained, but it’s so wonderful to see her happier.
For those that pray:
- Thank God for His wonderful protection and healing
- Please pray that the full radiology results confirm the early positive review and that there is no sign of cancer!
- Please pray for wisdom and discernment as we meet with the neurosurgeon to discuss potentially resetting Eloise’s shunt
- Please pray that we can fit in Eloise’s chemo this week – without too much delay and too many complications