Unfortunately today Eloise was unable to have her intrathecal chemotherapy. Eloise and I got to the Marsden early, but unfortunately the consultants feel she isn’t well enough to have a General Anaesthetic and for more chemo. Her cold is still on her chest a bit.
Rather disappointing as we thought ‘we were doing ok’ as she’d avoided a temperature spike, which is true – but she’s still not well enough to tolerate more chemo etc this week.
So her chemo round has been pushed back and will hopefully happen next week (provisionally on Wednesday), so long as she is well enough and recovers by then.
This obviously again reminds us that life with a kid battling cancer isn’t straight forward and that we need to keep trying to avoid any infections as much as possible (in order to avoid serious side effects of the infection and also avoid chemo or scans being delayed).
So if we look like we are becoming even more of a hermit (especially as it appears there are more infections around at the moment, than during last year when everyone was in lockdown/having restrictions) you know why! Hermits, whilst also trying to ensure Eloise has experiences and develops. It’s going to be a long 7+ months.
For those that pray:
Pray Eloise fully recovers from her cold and she’s able to have intrathecal chemo next week.
Thank God that he has brought Eloise this far. Pray that the delays in treatment don’t impact her being NED and that she remains in complete remission.
Pray for her tremors to stop and balance to improve – and wisdom to discern what’s causing this and to act in the best way to treat this. Pray for Eloise to regain strength.
Pray for all the Drs and nurses involved in her care. Thank God for their love, care, knowledge and support.
Pray for other families also battling this dreadful disease.