Eloise has had 6 sessions of her proton beam therapy (PBT) and so far it’s been going well. As a friend commented – it’s 20% and we would have passed the 5 mile mark in a marathon.
We are so grateful it’s been going well. Eloise has been getting hungry (and angry) in the morning before treatment, as expected, but apart from that is doing fine. She’s tolerating the constant anaesthetics and hasn’t had any seizures. She doesn’t seem to be too nauseous/sick (yet). She’s obviously tired at points, and she’s needed one blood transfusion at the Manchester Childrens Hospital (another great place!), but apart from that she’s still generally got enough energy to go out in the afternoon. She’s even smiling a bit more too (we think getting stronger and actually having some time with us not wearing a mask is helping!).
One of the highlights of the past week was seeing the extended Lawson family at a park on Sunday afternoon. The girls were able to see family they haven’t seen for 18 months and meet one of their newest cousins. What a treat. The girls have also just enjoyed generally being together for an extended period of time.
How do we feel?
Emotionally we’ve found the last while a bit more challenging. Other children we know of, who have similar brain tumours/cancer have been going through a tough time and we feel so desperately sad for these families. Desperately sad. We are grateful for how Eloise is currently doing – but knowing things can change pretty much instantaneously and that we never know what the next day brings.
For those that pray:
- Praise God that Eloise is tolerating the PBT so far, is smiling a bit more and hasn’t had any seizures!
- Please pray all the above continues – especially as some of the side effects are cumulative and thus more likely to kick in over the coming weeks.
- Pray that this OBLITERATES any remaining cancer cells and that Eloise doesn’t relapse – either during PBT or after. Please continue to pray for a miracle and for Eloise to defy all the dreadful stats.
- Please pray for massive protection from the long term side effects of this treatment. Pray for Eloise’s brain to be protected.
- Please pray for other families also having to go through horrendous journeys of having a child with a dreadful cancer.
- Please pray for Anna too – we are conscious the last few months have been exceptionally hard on her too