We’d value prayers for Eloise as she continues through her chemo cycle.
Eloise’s blood counts have come right down, as expected, as part of her chemo regime. She now has a mild temperature and is automatically put on 2 courses of antibiotics via IV as she has zero capacity (literally zero) to fight any infection. She’s been quite weak today as a result (ie not been her normal bouncy self). She’s not eating much but is getting nutrition via her NG tube. She’s also about to have her first blood transfusion today. She’s gathering lots of beads on her beads of courage. That said she’s still been playing a bit and according to all the Drs and nurses continues to be doing remarkably well!
Her partial focal seizures have unfortunately got worse again – in severity and number. She’s come off one anti-seizure medication as it was incompatible with chemotherapy and is transitioning to a new anti-seizure medication. Please pray this new medication kicks in soon as it’s been really quite distressing seeing her get worse and suffer.
How do we feel?
- Separated as we can’t all be together.
- Distraught and tormented by the statistical prognosis, which, coupled with seeing Eloise be poorly from chemo and the changes in anti-seizure drugs, is quite distressing.
- Everyday we just wish we could have a ‘normal life/normal day’. Eloise has already suffered so much and her life is a world apart from most one year olds (and bluntly far from what we had envisioned for her).
- So proud of both Eloise and Anna. Eloise is a fighter and still charms everyone even if she’s under the weather, and Anna is doing so well and is incredibly understanding and caring. They are both absolute superstars and are showing amazing resilience and strength of character.
For those that pray:
- For Eloise’s seizures to come down.
- For Eloise to continue to have limited side effects and for her body to be able to handle the high dose chemotherapy – for her temperature to come down and her blood counts to bounce back quickly.